National Day Celebrations at Yas Mall
2 November-6 December 2014
Events from 2nd Dec – 6th Dec 2014 except specified -
1. Shukran House at the Town Square - An Emirati-looking house has been installed at Yas Mall Town Square whereby mall visitors can express their well wishes and heartfelt gratitude to the founding fathers of the UAE which will later be put together in a montage and displayed on digital screens
2. #YASMALL Display by Amna Al Fardh - #yasmall letter cut out display made of handmade paper dolls by "Guiness World Record Holder" Emirati paper Artist Amna Al Fardh.
3. The Woven Falcon - Wireframe falcon installation whereby guests will be given balls of yarn in UAE flag colour to weave through the frame and form a unique collaborative public art installation.
4. Face painting - A face painting station will be set up for children.
5. T-shirt print and design station - Design and print your own t-shirts with UAE flags at two stations.
6. Bracelet making station - Two stations in which visitors can make National Day themed bracelets.
7. Liwa shows (Dancing) - Another traditional dance, performed by men as they roam around the mall.
8. Beit Jedi (Grandpa's House) - A story teller that emerges from a small 'house' in Town Square and narrates old traditional stories to children twice a day
9. Henna Stand - Henna hand decorations to visitors.
10. Photo-booth - Visitors can try on local outfits and take pictures of them.
11. Arabic coffee man – Arabic coffee will be served all around the mall to guests.
12. Yola Harbya - A traditional local dance performed with several professional men.
13. Yola teaching - Yola dancers to offer lessons to children in performing this traditional dance.
14. Falcon bearer - Real-life falcon near valet entrance for visitors to take pictures.
15. Stilt walkers - Stilt walkers to roam around mall dressed in Emirati flag colours.
16. Static Pin Wheels - Decorative display of Yas Mall logos covered in the UAE National flag colors.
17. I LOVE UAE - An installation of I LOVE UAE cut out at the "Customer Infodesk" area near the valet parking entry.tallation of I LOVE UAE cut out at the "Customer Infodesk" area near the valet parking entry.